Empowering people to create a local democratic economy through the formation of a comprehensive network of cooperatives!
To promote the cooperative model for a broad spectrum of community endeavors including, but not limited to:
- worker owned business cooperatives
- consumer cooperatives
- housing cooperatives
- producer cooperatives
- purchasing cooperatives
- social mission advocacy cooperatives; and
The Arizona Cooperative Development Corporation will:
- Provide education to the general public about the benefits of cooperative enterprises;
- Provide developmental support at all levels of coop formation and operation;
- Provide education and training to coop members;
- Create a revolving fund to assist in the financial startup and expansion of cooperatives; and
- Create opportunities for coops to share resources and work together to strengthen their interdependence.
Definition: A cooperative is an autonomous association of persons united voluntarily to meet their common economic, social, and cultural needs and aspirations through a jointly-owned and democratically-controlled enterprise. Values: Cooperatives are based on the values of self-help, self-responsibility, democracy, equality, equity, and solidarity. In the tradition of their founders, co-operative members believe in the ethical values of honesty, openness, social responsibility, and caring for others.